On 18 Dec 2009, at 14:46, Tom Stuart wrote:

> Can you elaborate? From a position of no knowledge, the most obvious question
> to me is: why would I care about the state of O? Either the change in O's
> state is observable through its behaviour (in which case I specify that
> behaviour) or it's not (in which case I don't care).

On further investigation (aka reading up to chapter 24) it's apparent that this
state-based testing is effectively a flexible form of message expectation
ordering.  What's clever is that it gives an intermediate level between no
ordering and sequential ordering.  It's like ordering "sets" of expectations,
at least that's how it appears to me at first glance.

Worth more investigation, I think...

Ashley

--
http://www.patchspace.co.uk/