Does anybody here use the gem watir-rspec?

The feature "no need to use the @browser variables" suggested on the ReadMe
is not working for me.
The project page:  https://github.com/watir/watir-rspec

Does anybody know if this project/code actually works?

I used the sample code exactly as shown.
The "goto" in the before clause is not found.

before { goto "http://google.com"; }

NoMethodError:
       undefined method `goto' for
#<RSpec::ExampleGroups::Google:0x007f9ed125b2b0>

I believe that I followed all installation instructions carefully.
What did I miss?

Is it possible that another older Selenium gem could be screwing up the
name space?

I presume watir is using selenium-webdriver version 3.0.0.beta3.1.
Could selenium-webdriver version 2.53.4, which is all installed in this
Ruby, create a problem such as screwing up the name space?

Thank you!
AZ