I understand the log-format option for the rsync command:

 --log-format=FORMAT     log file transfers using specified format

I understand the log option for the rsyncd deamon.

    log file

What I want to do is log from the rsync command (not deamon) to a
file. So far all I can get is my log format string written to stdout.
How to I tell the rsync command to log to a file?

I'd like this command to make a logifle in /tmp but it only writes the
info to stdout.
Is there a flag I'm missing? BTW I can't get all the % strings to work
quite right in the command rsync but I get most of the important ones.

Thanks,
eric

SAMPLE COMMAND:

rsync -a --log /tmp/logfile --log-format "%o %f %l %b" /bin /tmp

Eric T. Whiting                                 AMI Semiconductors
(208) 234-6717                                  2300 Buckskin Road
(208) 234-6659 (fax)                            Pocatello,ID 83201
[EMAIL PROTECTED]