Hi everyone, I have been using rsync now for about 2 months on my companies'
two job servers with great success.  Twice when our main jobserver has gone
down, our second "mirrored" server has picked up the ball and ran with it.

However something happened last night that was very (funny to me)
interesting. The #2 Controller on our Andataco raid cabinet died, so instead
of calling me or my other sysadmin partner our GM decided to reboot server 1
on his own.  What ended up happening was several raid volumes did not mount
because of a controller fault, otherwise the server came up fine including
rsync (not rsync's fault at all). As most of you can already guess, server 2
came calling and got empty volumes, esentially wiping server 2 out. :)

Now my question is, does anyone have a suggestion of a test that I can run
prior to rsync (which is run through a crontab) that I can use to stop
rsync? The server actually wasn't rebooted for about two hours so at one
point it was "down". Basically we sync the servers once an hour because we
do high volume graphics editing on very critical time schedules.

Thanks,

Tyler.