 Harry> berry <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
 >> > Anyone here know if redhat linux updates can be rsynced?  > > If
 >> so, is it necessary to have rsh installed.  > > I guess what I
 >> really need is to see the commands necessary to connect > to a
 >> redhat `updates' ftp site with rsync.  If it is even possible.

 >> You'll need some sort of access to the filesystem, or the provider
 >> will need to be running an rsync daemon.

 Harry> I'm aware of how rsync works... I wasn't sure how to tell if
 Harry> an rsync daemon is running at a given ftp site.  Wasn't sure
 Harry> of the syntax to connect.

 Harry> So, I'm asking redhat users specifically if they know if any
 Harry> redhat updates servers that run rsync and if so, how to
 Harry> connect.

sunsite.dk runs a rsync server, which provides access to more than
300GB software - which includes redhat-updates.

The same material can be reached by ftp or http...

Karsten