All -

I would like to see a patch so that multiple include from and exclude from
statments can be used withing the rsyncd.conf file.

Here's an example of what I'm doing that illustrates the need for this
feature.

[60GB]
        path = /home/ftp/pub
        comment = Basic mirror. Maximum of 60GB in size.
        include from = /etc/rsync.d/60gb.conf

[90GB]
        path = /home/ftp/pub
        comment = Basic mirror. Maximum of 90GB in size.
        include from = /etc/rsync.d/90gb.conf
        include from = /etc/rsync.d/60gb.conf

The idea is that the 90GB module contains all the include / exclude
statements from the 60gb.conf file and the 90gb.conf file. In this manor
since rsync applys include / exclude statements on a first match basis I
could define something like this:

/etc/rsync.d/90gb.conf:
# Include all PPC code
+ /linux/PPC/

/etc/rsync.d/60gb.conf:
# include only the i386 code
- /linux/PPC/
- /linux/S390/
- /linux/IA64/
+ /linux/i386/

In the above rsyncd.conf examples this would mean people who mirror the 60GB
module do not get the PPC directory while those who mirror the 90GB module
get the PPC directory and the i386 directory defined in the 60gb.conf file.

I think this would be fairly powerful feature when dealing with complex
mirror include / excludes and suspect it is a fairly easy change to the
code. Unfortunately my abilities are with interpreted languages and C / C++
is not my strong point.

If someone writes a patch against 2.4.6 for this I'll be happy to do testing
and give feedback.

Thanks.

--
Regards,