Lachlan,

Thanks for the response!  I haven't tried it yet, but does ssh with a
passphrase address your concern?  If somebody steals your private key
can it be used without the passphrase?

Thanks,
Randy Kramer

PS: Thanks for the discussion.  From what you've said and other things
I've heard before, my impression of chrooting is that you somehow create
an "artificial" root account / environment with limited privileges, and
somebody that uses this artificial account cannot get to the real root
account?  Is this close?