I have a few web servers running Redhat 6.2 which synchronize via two
scripts to an rsync server.  They run every 5 and 15 minutes through a cron
job.  For many months this worked great until a few days ago when it just
stopped working.  If I run these scripts manually it works fine, which leads
me to believe its a cron problem.  But, cron logs report that these scripts
execute fine with no errors.  Even the rsync server log reports the systems
establish a connection just fine.  Except for a "cant find /etc/pwd.db - no
such file" which has been in the logs for months as well (i just took over
this responsibility).  I am pretty new to rsync, but i have looked through
more logs than I can count with no luck.  By the way, lock files do not
exist either.  I need help to troubleshoot this problem desperately.
Thanks,

Frank