I was wondering if the protocol should be updated to avoid ever
assuming that an EOF on the socket was OK.  The only case I know of
where this allowed is when we're listing modules from an rsync server.
If we modified the protocol to have the daemon rsync send an EOF token
(such as "@RSYND: EOF") at the end of the list, this would allow the
rsync client to always report an unexpected EOF as an error.

I've got a patch that implements this, but because it's built on top
of my last bogus-module-list-error-removal patch, I'll only work up a
diff if this is something that the maintainers want to do.

..wayne..