On 30 Jul 2002, Wayne Davison <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Tue, 30 Jul 2002, Martin Pool wrote:
> > The --password-file option only applies to rsync daemon connections,
> > not ssh.
>
> Perhaps we should make rsync complain about such options that don't make
> sense (another example being trying to use -e with a "::" hostspec)?

There's a patch in cvs to make it complain about -e with "::".

The manual actually already says that --password-file does not effect
remote shells, but I have made it a bit more obvious.

I agree that a warning would be good.

Shall we do a new release soon?

There's just one more change I would like to put in, which is partially
rolling back the IPv6 patch so that it uses the old code, unmodified,
if --disable-ipv6 is specified.  I'm not sure this needs to go in
before the next release though.  I think it would reduce the overall
level of pain, particularly on older platforms.

--
Martin