Just ran into this bug when running the latest snapshot from CVS: when rsyncing from two source directories into a third one, rsync gets confused about which source file is from which directory, resulting in a "file vanished" error. See test script below.

Also, is there any consensus on whether using multiple source modules when pulling from an rsync daemon is going to be ok? I recall some discussion on escaping spaces or quoting them in the past but I'm not sure if anything was decided. What I'm referring to is this case:

rsync -av rsync://server/'module1 module2 module3' dest/

Right now the latest CVS still supports this.

Thanks,

-- Alberto

--------------------------------- #!/bin/sh

[ -d target ] && /bin/rm -rf target
if [ ! -d one ] ; then
    mkdir one
    touch one/foo
    touch one/zoo
fi
if [ ! -d two ] ; then
    mkdir two
    touch two/bar
fi

./rsync-2.6.1 -avv one/ two/ target/
/bin/ls -l one two target
------------------------------------

[EMAIL PROTECTED] ~/tmp]$ ./runtest.sh
building file list ... done
created directory target
./
bar
file has vanished: "/home/ads/tmp/two/foo"
file has vanished: "/home/ads/tmp/two/zoo"

wrote 150 bytes read 80 bytes 460.00 bytes/sec
total size is 0 speedup is 0.00
rsync warning: some files vanished before they could be transfered (code 24) at
main.c(628)
one:
total 0
-rw-rw-r-- 1 ads ads 0 Jan 27 16:22 foo
-rw-rw-r-- 1 ads ads 0 Jan 27 16:22 zoo

target:
total 0
-rw-rw-r--    1 ads      ads             0 Jan 27 16:22 bar

two: