On Sun 06 Feb 2005, alok barnwal wrote:

> I have installed rysnc-2.6.3 on my debian linux (
> 2.2.20-idepci #1 Sat Apr 20 12:45:19 EST 2002 i686).
> While configuration it was
> successful and i installed it without any error.
> Now, in default installation it should create
> rsyncd.conf as detault configuration file.. but it has
> not been created anywhere in system.

No, it shouldn't create rsyncd.conf as detault configuration file.

If you want an rsyncd.conf, there's an example in
/usr/share/doc/rsync/examples/rsyncd.conf .

> [EMAIL PROTECTED]:/tmp/temp/rsync-2.6.3# which rsync
> /usr/local/bin/rsync

Ah, you're building your own rsync. (Why?)

> Please let me know how to create configuration file
> and what could be reason that ?

Read the doc for rsyncd.conf and create it yourself by hand, it's
impossible to create an rsyncd.conf file that does what you want.

Paul Slootman