Hi,

On Thu, 27 Oct 2005, Anban Mestry wrote:

I'm not sure if anyone has experienced this, and I have searched for
it online, with no conclusive, err.. conclusions.

Basically, when rsyncing two \test1(local) and \mnt\test2\ (NFS mount)
it seems that when using rsync with --no-whole-file entire files
(instead of just updated blocks) are sent through.

I am using the following command

rsync -avtz --no-whole-file \test1\ \mnt\test2\

For example, if say a particular file was 30KB, IPTRAF reports just
over 31KB transferred while rsync itself reports just a few bytes
(i.e. 200 or so).

One of your "local only" rsync instances has to read the entire file in order to find out that only 200 bytes are to transfer. ;-))

Cheers -e
--
Eberhard Moenkeberg ([EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED])