Begin forwarded message:

From: Karel Kulhavy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: 7 March 2006 18:01:43
To: Martin Pool <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Delete some excluded files in rsync

Hello

I suggest that a feature be added into rsync. That one could separately
specify excluded files that should be deleted on the receiver and
excluded files that shouldn't be deleted on the receiver.

I am using rsync for remote updating of my website
http://ronja.twibright.com
and this feature would be handy because some files are generated on
the server because cannot be generated on the laptop where the files
are edited, and shouldn't be deleted. The remaining excluded files
should be deleted on the receiver if they got accidentally copied in the
past, for example becaue the rsync script wasn't tuned properly.

Regards,

CL<

--
Martin Pool