On Sun, 2006-03-12 at 08:06 -0600, Max Kipness wrote:
> When using the stats option I understand that Literal should be the
> amount of data that did not match, and that Sent should be the
> actually amount of bytes that were sent. I always use compress for
> remote transfers, so I'm used to Sent being smaller (usually around
> half the size) than Literal.
>
> However on one server, the backup from last night had the Sent figure
> larger than Literal even though the compress option is used as is
> listed below:
>
> Number of files: 191253
> Number of files transferred: 42
> Total file size: 92217159832 bytes
> Total transferred file size: 692564897 bytes
> Literal data: 2813738 bytes
> Matched data: 689751159 bytes
> File list size: 4910229
> Total bytes sent: 6457999
> Total bytes received: 392265

You'll notice that the file list is 4910229 bytes long, presumably
because you are transferring _lots_ of files.  The file list, the
literal data, and the relatively small block-matching data are all being
sent, so it is plausible that they make up 6457999 bytes when
compressed.

--
Matt McCutchen
[EMAIL PROTECTED]