>From what I understand, the incremental rsync algorithm saves on network
>bandwidth, but does rsync then just merge that delta data to end up with the
>new version and full sized file on the destination filesystem?

I have these Microsoft Entourage databases files that modified often and can be
a few gigs in size...  I want to back them up with rsync, but if the whole file
is backed-up each time it takes a lot of space up (...multiplied by many
users). I want to just store the initial file then only the deltas for each
backup after that.

So my concern is not so much for bandwidth conservation, but storage
conservation.

--
Noah