On 7/20/07, Abdul Khan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Thanks for the reply, the permission issue is resolved after I
reconfigured and reinstalled rsync. The only issue I have now is user
"vpopmail" and group "vchkpw" is not retaining. Its just not retaining
the user and the group of files.
I even tried to explicitly put "uid=root" and "gid=root" in the
/etc/rsync.conf file but it does not work.

Did you add something to the client's command line to tell it to
preserve users and groups (either -og, or -a to preserve everything as
Wayne suggested)?  If so, what users and groups are being set on the
destination?  Still nobody:nobody?

Another question: i have to manually put list's email address
"rsync@lists.samba.org"  to send mail to  the list instead of  just hit
the reply. I mean it should go to  the list instead of any member. Can
anybody just guide me?

If your email client has a "Reply to All", use that instead of
"Reply".  "Reply" replies only to the From address of the original
message, while "Reply to All" also sends a copy to everyone else who
was listed in the To or Cc of the original message.  The
rsync@lists.samba.org address, since it never sends messages itself,
would be among these "everyone else".

If there's no "Reply to All", get a better email client or create a
separate webmail account (e.g., Gmail ;) ) for communications with the
rsync list.

Matt