On Oct 15, 2007, at 1:55 AM, Wayne Davison wrote:
On Sun, Oct 14, 2007 at 08:14:57PM +0200, Wesley W. Terpstra wrote:
I've attached a patch which does this. Currently resource forks and finder
info get placed into an extended attribute transparently by osx
(com.apple.{ResourceFork/FinderInfo}). This patch makes another "extended
attribute" called com.apple.CreationDate.

Thanks!  I've twiddled your patch a bit and checked it in as a file in
the patches dir (for now, at least):  osx-create-time.diff

Found another bug: Some filesystems don't have creation dates (*shock*). If you tried to read it on these filesystems, it will fail, so one needs to check if the attribute exists first.

Revised patch attached.