I am running MacOS X 10.4.11 on PPC. The following is a synopsis of my installation procedure (as gathered from the various emails in the archive) - note that I had trouble with crtimes.diff and went back to osx-create-time.diff. Please let me know if I have included anything spurious or missed something critical (though I am pleased that everything worked)...

I also get perfect results on 3.0.0 with both MacOS X 10.4.11 on PPC and MacOS X 10.5.2 on Intel, using fileflags.diff, crtimes.diff and Wayne's new fileflags-fixes.diff.

I find it interesting that you have had no luck with crtimes.diff. Could you post your results? Are you applying the patches in the right order (that is, fileflags.diff followed by crtimes.diff, not vice versa)?

I suspect the backup-dir-dels.diff patch is not strictly necessary, unless you actually want the functionality (as many of us do).

./prepare-source may or may not do anything, depending which source version you're using.

Tony M.