[serveuranm]
comment = Sauvegarde du serveur ANM
path = /mnt/data/serveuranm/
list = true
max connections = 0
read only = false
uid = serveuranm
gid = rsync
post-xfer exec = echo RSYNC_HOST_NAME >& /var/log/timestamp.log

With this, I should see RSYNC_HOST_NAME on my timestamp.log after rsync runs, no? But nothing happens. My log file still empty...

But with

        post-xfer exec = echo RSYNC_HOST_NAME > /var/log/timestamp.log

It works! When I run rsync, RSYNC_HOST_NAME appears on timestamp.log!

So I deduct that rsync calls a sh shell and not tcsh (I only have those on my box).

Then I tried with

post-xfer exec = /mnt/data/timestamp.sh $RSYNC_HOST_NAME > /var/log/ timestamp.log 2 >&1

It calls my script but without argument as I receive an error from my script in the log:

        Usage: /mnt/data/timestamp.sh <name_of_backuped_host>

But it's OK, from here I know what to do by myself. Thanks Matt, as always pointing on the good direction. When I'll be big, I wanna be like you ;)

Best regards,

Vitorio