Has there ever been a discussion about parallelizing rsync?  We do some large
file transfers across our wan which get done much faster if we run multiple
rsync's at the same time.  I wrote a perl script that traverses the directories
and figures out how many files to send with each rsync process, but this only
works properly for the initial copy.

If we could say "rsync --parallel=8 ..." and as rsync finds a file to transfer
it can open up new socket to do the transfer.

Thanks,
Jim