On Sun, Feb 15, 2009 at 05:08:36AM -0700, lewis butler wrote:
> This tells everyone the exact length of each password

The docs should actually say that everything after the first line of
the file is ignored.  So, feel free to add any text you like after
that.  I'll improve the man page to get this right.

> First off, it would let you have multiple passwords in a single file

That would make some things easier, but I'd want any such change to be
backward compatible with current files.  One possibility it to leave
the command-line option alone and adding support for a new environment
variable, such as RSYNC_PASSWORDS_FROM.  That would let the new-style
file be specified in a shell rc file and used to configure multiple
servers/modules, as desired.  I'd at the very least include such a
change in the patches directory if someone wanted to code something
like that.

..wayne..