On Fri, Jul 03, 2009 at 03:32:29PM -0300, Carlos Carvalho wrote:
> Both processes were killed with the same command, kill pid1 pid2.

A SIGTERM (the default kill signal) should be caught by rsync, allowing
it to cleanup before it exits.

> However I've found that a file was left after interruption, with a
> zero size.

What kind of file?  A temp file, or the destination file?  You didn't
use --inplace, right?  Rsync 2.6.8 had a bug where it could leave a temp
file when interrupted, but I don't see any such problem with 3.0.6.

..wayne..