On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 8:32 PM, Michael Brian - IL <micha...@tusc.com>wrote:

>  I am looking for an enhancement to multi-thread or parallelize rsync.
> Are there any plans that would allow one to set a parameter, like
> 'number_of_threads' and rsync will ship multiple files at the same time?

Not at present.  That would be a pretty big protocol change, and is probably
something that would be best left to a new-protocol rewrite.  It would be
quite interesting to have separate connections for the hierarchy traversal
code versus one or more file transfer connections that were controlled by
the traversal process, but that is not something that I'm working on, nor
have I heard about anyone else doing that.

..wayne..