On 9/15/2011 1:17 PM, Alexander Dahl wrote:
Hei hei,

Am 08.09.2011 07:09, schrieb Michael_google gmail_Gersten:
When I signed up for the rsync mailing list, I was not expecting to
get all the samba bugs as well.

Me too.

Is it possible to be on just the rsync mailing list, without being on
the bug report list as well?

I would also prefer this. O:-)

Greets
Alex

I am subscribed to rsync@lists.samba.org and I don't see any samba messages. I get messages that sometimes say they come from "samba-b...@samba.org" but they are always only rsync messages. If you go to the linked bugzilla, the Product: field is rsync not samba, and of course the content of the message is plainly about rsync.

What's the problem? Are you looking for more of an "rsync-users" list without being interested in bugs or new features in rsync? I don't think that exists because certainly bugs get reported and discussed on rs...@samba.org as well. They are a usage issue like any other, and require knowing about as a user even if only to avoid them or work-around them and know which versions have them and don't have them.

--
bkw