Kevin Korb <k...@sanitarium.net> writes:

> -/ /var/apache2/*

Thanks for the input, but unless I'm doing something else screwy, that
does not appear to work here.

I put your line verbatim into my exlcude file (near the top)

  /pkg/*
  /sadm/*
  /cache/*
  /opt/csw/cache/*
  -/ /var/apache2/*
  /tmp/*
-------       -------       ---=---       -------       -------

My actual task here is an rsnapshot run that collects files

   Here      /var/
   and here  /etc/
   (a few other places as well as well)

But as you probably know its really a pair of rsync runs that
occur.

To reiterate, my goal was to collect files at `/etc/apache2/'
but not at `/var/apache2'

(These are just typical of what I want to do in several places.)

Adding that line verbatim did not have the effect I'm after.