On 01/22/2017 09:15 PM, Wayne Davison wrote:
On Mon, Jan 9, 2017 at 2:31 PM, Stefan Berger <stef...@linux.vnet.ibm.com <mailto:stef...@linux.vnet.ibm.com>> wrote:

    GNU tar for example requires to use --xattrs-include=pattern to
    indicate which extended attributes to put into the archive. It
    also support --xattrs-exclude=pattern. Maybe something along those
    lines could work?

The latest git version now has a modifier to the filter options that lets you specify include/exclude rules that only apply to xattr names. These can be used to control what names get read from of the source files (sender-side rules) and what names get deleted from the destination files (receiver side rules). I've just done some simple testing, and it seems to work fine.

:-) Thanks. I'll try it when I get a chance.

   Stefan