On Fri, 10 Feb 2017 11:38:34 +0100
Thomas Güttler <guettl...@thomas-guettler.de> wrote:

> Yes, I think rsync is coming to the edge of its capabilities here. I
> guess a different strategy is needed.
>
> I see these alternatives to rsync:
>
>   - Incremental Snapshots at block-level device is one of them.
>   - We get the application ported to access a storage server, and not
> file server any more.
>   - ....
>
> Do you see other alternatives?

I thought the Lsyncd + rsync alternative proposed by
Axel Kittenberger workable.  Depending on your level of
paranoia you might want to be sure that you could also
run a plain rsync now and again to validate that what
you put in place is doing what you think it is.  I
say this because I've no experience at all with
Lsyncd.

Regards,

Karl <k...@meme.com>
                 -- Robert A. Heinlein