Hi

I am using "rsync" to send files from a source machine to a remote machine as
one typically does.  I would like to clarify that the "-c" option will cause
the checksum on the receiving end to be created by reading the already written
file and NOT the data stream on the receiving end.  This would help in catching
disk I/O errors if the checksum is done on the file on disk.

I understand if the size and (or date?) don't match, the checksum is not needed
on the receiving end.

I may be missing something but it wasn't entirely clear to me that the checksum
is done based on the file on disk.

Thanks,
-Steve