On 21 Jul 2020, at 09:29, Joe via rsync <rsync@lists.samba.org> wrote:
> use ls or find to create a list of files on server 1 followed by a list
> of files on server 2
> run it through sort -u to eliminate duplicates
> use ls or find to make a list of files on ser

This is basically what I am doing, though it is a lot more complicated than
that. But as I said in an off-list reply to someone else, this is a quite
expensive process that has to run separately and must be run when rsnc is not
running. And it's fragile.

Wayne's suggestion of a protected file that lists the files on server 1 when
connecting to server 2 and deletes files on server 3 seems like it's a lot more
workable as it is cheap to get a list of files and everything runs in the one
process.

The list of files is not super large, (thousands, not hundreds of thousands)
but they are generally large files, so that's the direction I'll investigate.

--
Everything you say is so boring, I replace it with dubstep.