I may be missing your intent, but why not set up different rsyncd modules
for the different paths?
Or are you saying that the paths change dynamically all the time?  In which
case set a cron or triggered script to change the symlinks to the paths..?

On Sat, Mar 5, 2022 at 5:08 AM Glen Huang via rsync <rsync@lists.samba.org>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to set up a module for rsyncd where it offers multiple
> paths like /var/www, /etc/app, etc to be accessed by clients.
>
> However, from rsyncd.conf(5) it seems a module can point to only one
> path. So it seems I should use something like a bind mount, and mount
> paths to /mnt/{var/www,etc/app}, then point the module to /mnt.
> However, the paths that should be available in the module are
> dynamically configured. So I can't make the root user mount them
> beforehand. My only option seems to be mounting them in the "early
> exec" hook. However, this seems to mean the module has to have the
> root's uid, which I'd really like to avoid.
>
> So I came to a dead end. I wonder if a module could somehow directly
> offer multiple paths?
>
> Would be grateful if someone could shed some light.
>
> Thanks.
>
> --

Harry Mangalam