Hi there, hi past me,

> My (non-working) attempt:
> […]
> So it seems the "-l" is dropped into the void letting ssh assume USER was the
> target host? I don’t actually get what I can do.

Turns out, I have to write down the description of my issue and then send the
email before I magically understand the solution ;-)

Here’s a working example that does not need a wrapper script:

PASSWORD=<SUDOPASS> rsync -vv --delete-after --delay-updates '/bin/sh -c "{
echo $PASSWORD; cat - ; } | ssh -i ~/.ssh/id.key $0 $* &"' --rsync-path='sudo
-S rsync‘ ./SRCDIR USER@HOST:DSTDIR

The trick was actually to add "$0" because $* will drop the first argument from
the list as this typically is the name of the script itself (duh!).

Hope this is of help to anyone,
Mark