Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2012 15:14:32 -0700
From: Luke Marrott <luke.marr...@gmail.com>
To: rsyslog-users <rsyslog@lists.adiscon.com>
Subject: Re: [rsyslog] rsyslog dropping logs

Only one configuration there.

I have all my messages going to directories by host so your method doesn't
seem to be working.

I did a tcpdump only on port 514 for a few seconds and I had like 2000
messages.

:Luke Marrott

On Fri, Nov 9, 2012 at 2:48 PM, David Lang <da...@lang.hm> wrote:

are these two different configs (the sender and the receiver)?

a simple way to see the message rate is to do a
cut -f 1 -d ' ' logfiles |sort |uniq -c to look at the timestamps and see
how many timestamps you have in a second.

David Lang