Im curious, why would you want to do that?

As a service that takes those logs and does something with it (store
it, index it etc), you want to absorb acceptable bursts as soon as
possible. If it is an unacceptably big burst, you are better off
dropping messages and catching up with the latest set of messages
(because when someone debugs a "current" problem, the latest logs are
the most useful, and in case of a very large burst current messages
end up waiting to ingest way to long).

In our case, we allow bursts upto x% (using pre-planned burst buffer)
and discard messages when that burst-limit is breached. But we do it
at the service's ingestion-frontend(an array of Rsyslog receivers,
slurping logs in over tcp), so it acts as a gate-keeper to the
service. This allows service users to burst at individual nodes level,
as long as their cluster overall stays within planned-capacity +
burst-buffer.

--
Regards,
Janmejay