Hello,

I am using rsyslog 8.16 on Debian Jessie (package is coming from
backports) and I have trouble filtering my logs.

I wanted to filter out the following logs in /var/log/syslog:
systemd[1]: Starting Cleanup of Temporary Directories...
systemd[1]: Failed to reset devices.list on
/system.slice/systemd-tmpfiles-clean.service: No such file or directory
systemd[1]: Started Cleanup of Temporary Directories.

I have create a file with the following content in /etc/rsyslog.d:
:msg, startswith, "Starting Cleanup" stop
:msg, startswith, "Started Cleanup" stop
:msg, startswith, "Failed to reset devices.list" stop
& stop

But each time I start rsyslog I got the following message:
rsyslogd-2207: error during config processing: STOP is followed by unreachable
statements!  [v8.16.0 try http://www.rsyslog.com/e/2207 ]

I don't understand what I am doing wrong.

Perhaps someone can point me to the mistake ?

Thanks