From: rsyslog-boun...@lists.adiscon.com
[mailto:rsyslog-boun...@lists.adiscon.com] On Behalf Of David Lang
Sent: Thursday, October 27, 2016 2:49 PM
To: rsyslog-users
Subject: Re: [rsyslog] Problem with queues configuration

no, you cannot use a variable for a port.

catching up on this, I'm trying to understand why you are using so many
different ports. Each message has the original hostname in it, and you can split
the logs on that at the central system rather easily, why split it on the
sending side to different ports?

If the receiver can't keep up, having lots of different queues on the sender is
just going to mean you have a lot of queues filling up, the order that they then
drain is rather unpredictable.

David Lang