Hi

In the past I have to build a few applications with C/C++ and I found #ifdef directives everywhere to be ugly and confusing. For example, using ifdef DEBUG to enable/disable debug messages.

That's why I opt to use functions which behavior was defined depending on compile headers/source files. For example, define log_debug(...) as NOOP or sleep() depending on platform.

Have you considered doing something like this?

Also, some time ago I started playing with "component" debugging, which enabled debug only for specific components. For example, setting RSYSLOG_DEBUG_MODULES_C will enable debug just for modules_c file, but it will be very verbosed

Have you considered doing something like this?

Regards