A message without TAG (malformed RFC 3164 message), no matter if it's read
from file or it arrives from socket, won't have a tag
Hence, setting it only for imfile won't fix it for socket modules.
I am not ready for this discussion again. In rsyslog, rfc3164 messages
always have a tag. See previous lengthy discussions ;-)
You misread my message, but your other response just solved the thread ;)