On Thu, 1 Dec 2016, David Lang wrote:

Is there any way to dynamically invoke a ruleset? eg: call $var
(I'm trying to avoid having +200 if statements...

so to summarize, what I recommend that you do for for your use case is:

1. a single combined mmnormalize ruleset

if <condition> then {
set common things
}
$includeconfig /etc/rsyslog.d/apps.d/*.conf
else { unknown app }

in each of the apps.d/*.conf files do

else if <condition> then {
  stuff
}

(as an optimization, make the most common apps the earliest in the directory)

This gets you your custom assignments per app, and the efficient parsing of the logs.