MariaDB is a fork of MySQL, and currently they are pretty much interchangable (MySQL got sold to Oracle and as a result many people are switching to MariaDB)

David Lang

On Mon, 17 Jul 2017, matthew.gaetano wrote:

Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2017 10:20:40 -0700 (MST)
From: matthew.gaetano <matthew.gaet...@gmx.ca>
To: rsyslog@lists.adiscon.com
Subject: Re: [rsyslog] CEF to MariaDB

You can use the Message Modification Module 'mmnormalize' to parse CEF
messages. It uses liblognorm which has a field type called 'cef'. Parsing
un-ordered key value pairs is currently difficult to do.

mmnormalize will pass back the message object into a JSON variable, as
declared. Then you can use an output module to push the data to MariaDB.

Unfortunately i do not have any experience with MariaDB, nor is there a
specific output module for it. However the forums seem to suggest that
others have used the MySQL output module 'ommysql'.

-----
~Regards

Matthew Gaetano