CentOS Linux release 7.3.1611 (Core)
rsyslog.x86_64                      8.28.0-1.el7
@rsyslog_v8
rsyslog-mysql.x86_64                8.28.0-1.el7
@rsyslog_v8

In February 2016, we needed to move up from whatever Centos 7 had for
rsyslog. At that time, this list encouraged me to convert our rsyslog.conf
file from "Legacy Format" to new syntax. This continues to be a challenge.

See:
http://lists.adiscon.net/pipermail/rsyslog/2016-February/042078.html
where David Lang commented:
"hmm, the ommysql page doesn't show the action format. It needs to be
updated.
http://www.rsyslog.com/doc/v8-stable/configuration/modules/ommysql.html";

Seventeen months later, I cannot find updated documentation for ommysql.

This week, facing new latency issues, I'm working on completing that
transition. However, we cannot determine how to convert the following lines
in current use:

### begin forwarding rule #2 ###
### FTP
### $ActionQueueFileName mysqlDB      # Set file name, also enables disk
mode
$ActionQueueFileName dbFtpQueue   # Set file name, also enables disk mode
$ActionQueueSaveOnShutdown on     # Save messages to disk on shutdown
$ActionQueueType LinkedList       # Use asynchronous processing
$ActionResumeRetryCount -1        # Infinite retries on insert failure
ftp.*         :ommysql:172.31.128.125,vsftplog,hermesvsftplog,VdGYphsZSN
### end of the forwarding rule ###

### begin forwarding rule #3 ###
### SFTP
### $ActionQueueFileName mysqlDB       # Set file name, also enables disk
mode
$ActionQueueFileName dbSftpQueue   # Set file name, also enables disk mode
$ActionQueueSaveOnShutdown on      # Save messages to disk on shutdown
$ActionQueueType LinkedList        # Use asynchronous processing
$ActionResumeRetryCount -1         # Infinite retries on insert failure
authpriv.*    :ommysql:172.31.128.125,sftplogDB,hermesvsftplog,VdGYphsZSN
### end of the forwarding rule ###

Please, advise. Thank you.

~ Mike