Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2017 10:03:07 -0700 (MST)
From: matthew.gaetano <matthew.gaet...@gmx.ca>
To: rsyslog@lists.adiscon.com
Subject: Re: [rsyslog] How to completely move beyond Legacy Format?

To set global directives in version 8 you use the global configuration
object. http://www.rsyslog.com/doc/v8-stable/rainerscript/global.html

example:
global(
         workDirectory="/var/lib/rsyslog"
)

you can list more than one directive per global configuration object, but do
not set a global directive more than once.

AFAIK there is no non-legacy version of $IncludeCongfig, so one would
continue to use as is. It and umask are the only two legacy directives I
continue to use.

~Regards

-----
~Regards