On Fri, 6 Oct 2017, deoren wrote:

I'm going to retest soon, one port at a time to see if the segfault is specific to one of the inputs.

Once I determine that I'll likely setup a vanilla installation of rsyslog with imudp, imptcp and imrelp enabled and try to replicate the segfault. If I can isolate a generic configuration that results in a segfault, I assume the best place to report this will be via a GitHub ticket? I also assume that a debug log would be useful in pinpointing the exact cause.

If I can get to that point, where should I send the debug log?

A debug log is of limited use in a segfault situation (the application isn't able to log what causes the segfault)

But if you are testing the ports one at a time, getting a tcpdump capture of the traffic to that port that triggers the segfault will allow someone else to try and replicate it by sending the same data to their system.