On 10/18/2017 3:22 PM, Rainer Gerhards wrote:
The queue errors are bad. Anything else in regard to that queue?

After discussing it on this thread, I stopped rsyslog yesterday and moved all content from /var/spool/rsyslog to a different directory, hoping to have rsyslog come back online with an empty queue. I was ready to sacrifice the messages already queued at that point if I could just get the box sending log messages in a stable manner to the receiver.

After some time, the queue began filling up again. As I noted earlier, I updated the forward action to use omfwd instead of omrelp and the queue cleared. Since I had good results with that change, I stopped rsyslog and then moved back the files I had previously moved out of /var/spool/rsyslog and started the daemon back up.

The queue quickly drained, but the remote receiver crashed a few times in the process. Each time systemd would kick rsyslog and get it going again.

The thread messages are informational and part of the better status
indicators. They say that the load was so high an additional worker thread
was started... And later shut down as it was no longer needed.
Thank you for including the additional info in the new version. It's nice to be able to spot at a glance when rsyslog finds itself under load.