Look at line: 32697 - That is the LAST line of debug as the system booted
up.

Now, look at the next line: 32698 - That is the first line after the
sysadmin pressed Enter after typing "reboot."

I don't understand the time encoding prior to the first colon (:) of each
line; but, this host was up for ten (10) minutes or more before backing out
of the update patches and reboot.

How can I provide missing messages, when they are missing?

The only way to get to this host is via SSH. During the period of the debug
log, another sysadmin and I logged onto that host at least three (3) times
each - not one write to /var/log/secure !?!?

Yes, there are /var/log/* writes up until the system fully booted - then
nothing - until sysadmin pressed Enter, more than ten (10) minutes later.
The ONLY /var/log/ files to get written to during that period were
/var/log/lastlog and /var/log/wtmp - NOT one other log was written to in
more than ten (10) minutes ...

Please, advise. Thank you.

~ Mike