Am 22.10.2017 17:53 schrieb "deoren" <
rsyslog-users-lists.adiscon....@whyaskwhy.org>:

This is a tangent of another issue I was dealing with a few weeks back, but
it appears that problem was related to checking whether a non-existent
$!variable was empty.

Is the expected behavior for that check to fail?

No, that should work. I think we shall have ci tests for it.

Rainer

This is with v8.29.0 and I have not tested with 8.30.0 yet, but I am more
interested in whether I am doing something that doesn't make sense.

The "if variable is empty, do this, else do this other thing" block was an
attempt to not use mmjsonparse in rulesets for inputs where CEE JSON
payloads would not arrive. Once I used that same action for the inputs that
do not receive JSON payloads the segfaults went away.

I hope to do further testing in the next week to help others reproduce the
problem.
LIKE THAT.