On 2/16/2018 3:56 PM, John Ratliff wrote:
When my rsyslog server receives packets from our cisco switches, instead of logging it with the hostname, it logs it with the IP address. How can I get rsyslog to use the hostname instead?

See the "how do I override the hostname when forwarding log messages?" thread that I just responded to. There are likely other (better) ways, but I suggested looking at the lookup_table support in rsyslog if your device list can be built programmatically or is of reasonable size to maintain by hand.