On Sun, 11 Feb 2018, Nicholas von Waltsleben wrote:

The only question I then have is why does it log that the action has been
suspended, if enqueuing the message was the action?

enqueuing the message is what happens just before the "previous is suspended" check is made.

At a later time, another worker thread dequeues the message from the action queue and tries to deliver it and that action can be suspended for normal reasons. But the fact that it was suspended cannot propogate back in time to become a deciding factor on anything that takes place at the time the message is enqueued.

When a message is added to a queue, it's duplicated and one duplicate goes into the queue. From that point on, nothing that happens to that message can send any signals (other than global variables) out to the prior context.

David Lang