the first thing to do when you aren't getting what you expect is to log the messages with the template RSYSLOG_DebugFormat so you can see what you have to work with

Please post a log message in this format so we can see what you have to work with. It's very possible that the Cisco is not setting the hostname, or is doing something else that is causing the hostname to not be parsed.

seeing a rawmsg may be enough, but the full debug format helps a lot.

David Lang