Hi everybody,

Our RHEL 7 servers were patched over the weekend 7.4 to 7.5. Since then I've
had these messages in the logs from rsyslog.  Since then we have 38000 of the
'action' messages since 23 April.  Although rsyslog was updated, this looks
like a minor revision. Downgrading to rsyslog-8.24.0-12.el7.x86_64 from
8.24.0-16.el7.x86_64 suppressed the message.

Rather than downgrade, I'd prefer to correct my configuration.

Can anyone see what produced the message? What should I look at changing?  If
not, how may I suppress the message?

Messages were:
<46>1 2018-05-15T09:30:01+02:00 be-AAAA-11 rsyslogd - - -  action 'action 0'
resumed (module 'builtin:omfwd') [v8.24.0 try http://www.rsyslog.com/e/2359 ]
<46>1 2018-05-15T09:30:01+02:00 be-AAAA-11 rsyslogd - - -  action 'action 1'
resumed (module 'builtin:omfwd') [v8.24.0 try http://www.rsyslog.com/e/2359 ]
<46>1 2018-05-15T09:30:01+02:00 be-AAAA-11 rsyslogd - - -  action 'action 1'
resumed (module 'builtin:omfwd') [v8.24.0 try http://www.rsyslog.com/e/2359 ]

The /etc/rsyslog.conf is
$ModLoad imuxsock
$ModLoad imjournal
$WorkDirectory /var/lib/rsyslog
$ActionFileDefaultTemplate RSYSLOG_TraditionalFileFormat
$IncludeConfig /etc/rsyslog.d/*.conf
$OmitLocalLogging on
$IMJournalStateFile imjournal.state
*.info;mail.none;authpriv.none;cron.none                /var/log/messages
authpriv.*                                              /var/log/secure
mail.*                                                  -/var/log/maillog
cron.*                                                  /var/log/cron
*.emerg                                                 :omusrmsg:*
uucp,news.crit                                          /var/log/spooler
local7.*                                                /var/log/boot.log

Best wishes,
Sophie

Team mailbox : am.itu...@bnpparibas.com
or direct sophie.loewent...@externe.bnpparibas.com

intended solely for the intended addressees and is confidential.
If you receive this message in error,or are not the intended recipient(s),
please delete it and any copies from your systems and immediately notify
the sender. Any unauthorized view, use that does not comply with its purpose,
dissemination or disclosure, either whole or partial, is prohibited. Since the
internet
cannot guarantee the integrity of this message which may not be reliable, BNP
PARIBAS
(and its subsidiaries) shall not be liable for the message if modified, changed
or falsified.
Do not print this message unless it is necessary, consider the environment.

Ce message et toutes les pieces jointes (ci-apres le "message")
sont etablis a l'intention exclusive de ses destinataires et sont confidentiels.
Si vous recevez ce message par erreur ou s'il ne vous est pas destine,
merci de le detruire ainsi que toute copie de votre systeme et d'en avertir
immediatement l'expediteur. Toute lecture non autorisee, toute utilisation de
ce message qui n'est pas conforme a sa destination, toute diffusion ou toute
publication, totale ou partielle, est interdite. L'Internet ne permettant pas
d'assurer
l'integrite de ce message electronique susceptible d'alteration, BNP Paribas
(et ses filiales) decline(nt) toute responsabilite au titre de ce message dans
l'hypothese
ou il aurait ete modifie, deforme ou falsifie.
N'imprimez ce message que si necessaire, pensez a l'environnement.